WELCOME

I bought a teapot....... Just a teapot....... An old one, and kind of unusual. I had to find out about the maker's mark, and thus began a wonderful journey! 15 years later, and I now have over 250 ALB teapots. Not to mention a couple of coffee pots, a tankard, milk jugs, sugar bowls, and a plate. Little by little, more people are being enticed by these lovely teapots, and starting collections of their own. This blog was set up so that all ALB lovers could have a place to meet, share photos, ask questions, and in general get to know each other and share their appreciation for these lovely teapots. If you leave a question, please be kind enough to leave an email address, so someone may send you an answer!

So come on in, sit down, have a "cuppa", and enjoy.

Sligeah

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Well, after spending a week going through boxes, (and finding treasures I had forgotten about) I think my mission is pretty well accomplished. As far the website, anyway. Now that I've managed to get ALL of them out, next task is to pack up all the duplicates, and put them away for safe keeping! What have I gotten myself into??? Those fancy maze gardens in England have nothing on me. I have one made out of teapots! And it's in my living room. Maybe I should leave them there and sell tickets.........hmmm.......

OK, I need some feedback on a project. I am putting together a book on Alcock, Lindley and Bloore teapots. All you ALB collectors out there, tell me what you think. Good idea? Bad idea? Not sure? Would any of you be willing to contribute? A short article telling how you got started collecting, and why. What kind of information would you like to see? Basic info on market prices? Insurance values? Or more of a design and style book, without pricing. I'm going to do this, so you may as well get your "two cents worth" in. Leave your ideas here, or email me. Naturally, anyone who contributes will get full credit.

Guess I better get back to packing teapots, or they might start multiplying!

1 comment:

china clay teapot said...

Maybe it will be a master level aYixing Purple Clay Teapot SetPurple Clay Teapot With Infuserfter the price. On the basisHandmade Ceramic Teapot of expensive, start with a teapot, and maybe still potential stocks.