WELCOME

I bought a teapot....... Just a teapot....... An old one, and kind of unusual. I had to find out about the maker's mark, and thus began a wonderful journey! 15 years later, and I now have over 250 ALB teapots. Not to mention a couple of coffee pots, a tankard, milk jugs, sugar bowls, and a plate. Little by little, more people are being enticed by these lovely teapots, and starting collections of their own. This blog was set up so that all ALB lovers could have a place to meet, share photos, ask questions, and in general get to know each other and share their appreciation for these lovely teapots. If you leave a question, please be kind enough to leave an email address, so someone may send you an answer!

So come on in, sit down, have a "cuppa", and enjoy.

Sligeah

Monday, February 1, 2010

New Find!!

Actually, a couple new finds. There is a teapot I'm been trying to get for AGES, and finally found one online. I'll let you know if I get it. I have a milk jug to match, so it would be nice to get my hands on this teapot. No, I'm not going to tell you which one. Not yet.

Also, my tankard arrived today from England. It's shorter than my other one, but just as beautiful. Awesome picture surrounding the outside. I'll try to get a nice pic to post soon. I'm beginning to wonder if the ALB fairies are out there still making these things! There doesn't seem to be any end to them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have a question about a teapot I recently acquired (weird spout!) and wanted to email you pics - do you have an email? Your site is so knowledgeable! Thanks, Chris

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Thanks for the info on ALB teapots. My mother bought one for $4.50 at a thrift shop the other day and gave it to me. I finally washed it up today and noticed the markings on the bottom. How fun to find that it has a history. There's a small chip in the spot and around the bottom rim so it's not in perfect condition but the rest of the teapot is in excellent condition. I love the flower design on it and am thrilled to add it to my little collection of brown glazed teapots. :-)