WELCOME

I bought a teapot....... Just a teapot....... An old one, and kind of unusual. I had to find out about the maker's mark, and thus began a wonderful journey! 15 years later, and I now have over 250 ALB teapots. Not to mention a couple of coffee pots, a tankard, milk jugs, sugar bowls, and a plate. Little by little, more people are being enticed by these lovely teapots, and starting collections of their own. This blog was set up so that all ALB lovers could have a place to meet, share photos, ask questions, and in general get to know each other and share their appreciation for these lovely teapots. If you leave a question, please be kind enough to leave an email address, so someone may send you an answer!

So come on in, sit down, have a "cuppa", and enjoy.

Sligeah

Thursday, April 24, 2008

OBSESSION!

Funny how one decision you make can have a huge affect on your life. I was just wandering through a flea market one day, and came across a very pretty, and rather large, English teapot. As I am very particular about "me tay", and only drink tea from Ireland or England (imported only), I just HAD to have this teapot. Not recognizing the maker's mark on the bottom, I went on world-wide search (on the web, of course) to see what I could find. Not much, as it turns out. I did find out the company's name, Alcock, Lindley and Bloore, and that the teapot was made in Hanley, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire. In the meantime, while cruising Ebay, I happened on another ALB teapot. Oh JOY, RAPTURE! Another one................yeah, right. "Another one" has now grown to about 150, and still they come.................

SO, I am now officially obsessed. My goal is to have at least one of EVERY design and/or style of teapot made by this company. Heaven only knows how many that will be! I haven't counted all the different patterns/designs/styles that I have. Where, oh where, to begin??? To aid in this process, I have posted this "Collector's Club" blogspot, and published a web site dedicated to my collection:
Alcock, Lindley and Bloore Teapots.

I am hoping to hear from other people out there who share my love for these teapots, and hope to get some photos of teapots I don't have (yet), and maybe learn more about the company. For anyone interested, I am putting together a sort of "coffee table" Buyer's Guide on these teapots. If you would like a copy, please email me, as I am still working out costs and pricing, so I can give you more details. albteapots@aol.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also Obsessed. But mine is different. I had my Grandmothers teapot. I was a large ALB with strips. I loved it! When we moved to Hawaii I brought it with me ...of course but one of our kids friends dropped it and broke it. I have searched and searched on ebay for another one but just can't seem to fine one. Do you know of another place to look??? We do not have antique stores here on the islands so it limits where I can look. I am ready to take a trip to the mainland just to look for my beloved teapot. Please help if you can. Aloha and Mahalo Michelle email: je_suis@hawaiiantel.net