WELCOME

I bought a teapot....... Just a teapot....... An old one, and kind of unusual. I had to find out about the maker's mark, and thus began a wonderful journey! 15 years later, and I now have over 250 ALB teapots. Not to mention a couple of coffee pots, a tankard, milk jugs, sugar bowls, and a plate. Little by little, more people are being enticed by these lovely teapots, and starting collections of their own. This blog was set up so that all ALB lovers could have a place to meet, share photos, ask questions, and in general get to know each other and share their appreciation for these lovely teapots. If you leave a question, please be kind enough to leave an email address, so someone may send you an answer!

So come on in, sit down, have a "cuppa", and enjoy.

Sligeah

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

OMG!!!!

SO....my sister and I are in Blissfully Yours, in Tampa. We strike up a conversation with a very interesting lady regarding teapots. She tells us she has been trying to find the same two teapots her mother/grandmother had. Cream, one with a copper cozy, one with a stainless cozy, both felt lined. Well, I was not familiar with any such teapots, but did a search when I got home. Found it!! Well, the copper one, anyway. So, she got one of her teapots. I must admit I was feeling very good. I love doing thing for other people, especially when it is something as special as finding that teapot. Now, here comes the kicker...........God, in all his wisdom and mercy sent me a gift through a seller on Ebay. Just thought I'd take a chance and see if any new ALB's had been listed since yesterday, and THIS is what I found......
ALCOCK LINDLEY and BLOORE ALB BROWN TEAPOT W/Bee Hive Cover
 
Oh yeah, you KNOW I bought it!!

1 comment:

china clay teapot said...

Jingxi Purple Sander" published by Taiwanese Tangren Craft. It was sold for 13.44 million yuan in Xiqiao Autumn Auction on December 14, 2010.
The recommended requirements for the purple sand pot are relatively high. Choose a full-hand pot of 3,000 yuan or more and 5,000 yuan or less. It does not require a title, but it must have a certain reputation in the industry. In fAuthentic Purple Clay Teapotact, some teachers who do not have a title are not bad, and t